” Draping is about listening to the material and following the flow of its expression.”
- WorkshopsFriday, 19 June and Saturday, 20 June, 2020 with Zoom LAST PLACES!
- WorkshopsMay 30/ June 13/ June 27 with Zoom LAST PLACES!
- WorkshopsJuly 10/ July 11 with Zoom
- WorkshopsJuly 31/ August 1/ August 2, 2020 with Zoom
- WorkshopsJuly 25/ August 8/ August 22 with Zoom
- WorkshopsRETREAT September 13-20, 2020, South of France –Workshop language German
- Workshops3-DIMENSIONAL PATTERNMAKING -full program- NEW DATE 28.Oktober - 1.November 2020 in Berlin –Workshop language German
- WorkshopsNEW DATE! Januar 19-24, 2021 in Portland/Oregon, USA –Workshop language English
- WorkshopsNEW DATE! Januar 29-31, 2021 at the San Luis Obispo Art Museum, CA, USA –Workshop language English
- Workshops3-DIMENSIONAL PATTERNMAKING -full program- March 17-21, 2021 in Berlin –Workshop language English
- WorkshopsApril 14 - 18, 2021 in Rochester, Upstate NY, USA – Workshop language English
- Kundalini Yoga, WorkshopsKUNDALINI YOGA RETREAT VOM 13.-16. Mai 2021 auf Gut Üselitz, Rügen
- WorkshopsNEW DATE: June 10-18, 2021 in Brighton, UK –Workshop language English
- WorkshopsNEW DATE! August 28-September 4, 2021, South of France –Workshop language English
The art of draping and upcycling was developed by Christine Mayer from the classic drapery. It represents a further development of the three- dimensional pattern cutting – working directly on the dress form with original materials. The designer becomes a sculptor who develops its creation directly on the bust – in harmony with the materials and body shape. Christine Mayer’s most recent collections has been made entirely from recycled fabric with a lot of love. As she puts it, she wants her clothes to ‘embrace the people who wear them‘. Christine is teaching the creative reuse of worn and used fabrics. She gives people the opportunity and skills to work with old and loved fabrics and to re-imagine them as brand new garments.
As a Kundalini yoga teacher Christine integrates yoga and meditation into her workshops and retreats. This helps the participants to go deeper inside of themselves with their awareness and to enfold their creative force.