“Couldn’t feel more inspired, more well-fed, more loved.”
- WorkshopsUPCYCLING & DRAPING RETREAT September 1-8, 2019 at La Manufacture Royale, South of France – Fully booked – Thanks you!
- WorkshopsTEXTILE JOURNEY & DRAPING RETREAT from November 24 - December 8 in Thailand
- WorkshopsAdvanced Draping Workshop from March 4-8, 2020 in Berlin
- Workshops3-DIMENSIONAL PATTERNMAKING -full program- from March 18-22, 2020 in Berlin
- Workshopsfrom April, 16-21 in Portland/Oregon, USA
- Workshopsfrom June 5-13, 2020 in Brighton, UK
- Workshopsvon 8.-12. Juli 2020 in Bern, Schweiz
- Workshopsfrom August 29-September 5, 2020 at Chateau Dumas, South of France
The art of draping and upcycling was developed by Christine Mayer from the classic drapery. It represents a further development of the three- dimensional pattern cutting – working directly on the dress form with original materials. The designer becomes a sculptor who develops its creation directly on the bust – in harmony with the materials and body shape. Christine Mayer’s most recent collections has been made entirely from recycled fabric with a lot of love. As she puts it, she wants her clothes to ‘embrace the people who wear them‘. Christine is teaching the creative reuse of worn and used fabrics. She gives people the opportunity and skills to work with old and loved fabrics and to re-imagine them as brand new garments.