“I will never be the same; I’ve crossed the threshold into the light.”
- WorkshopsCurated Workshop March 4-8, 2020 in Berlin –Workshop language German– FULLY BOOKED. THANK YOU!
- Workshops3-DIMENSIONAL PATTERNMAKING -full program- March 18-22, 2020 in Berlin –Workshop language German– FULLY BOOKED. THANK YOU!
- WorkshopsApril, 16-21, 2020 in Portland/Oregon, USA –Workshop language English FULLY BOOKED. THANK YOU! PLEASE ASK FOR WAITING LIST.
- WorkshopsMay 1-3, 2020 at the San Luis Obispo Art Museum, CA, USA –Workshop language English
- WorkshopsRETREAT June 5-13, 2020 in Brighton, UK –Workshop language English
- WorkshopsSaturday, June 20, 2020 in London, UK in cooperation with the Selvedge Magazine. –FULLY BOOKED. THANK YOU!
- Workshops8.-12. Juli 2020 in Bern, Schweiz –Workshop language German
- WorkshopsRETREAT August 29-September 5, 2020, South of France –Workshop language English
- WorkshopsRETREAT September 13-20, 2020, South of France –Workshop language German
- Workshopsfrom November 18 - 22, 2020 in the Southern Highlands, NSW, Australia – Workshop language English
- Workshops3-DIMENSIONAL PATTERNMAKING -full program- March 17-21, 2021 in Berlin –Workshop language English
- WorkshopsApril 14 - 18, 2021 in Rochester, Upstate NY, USA – Workshop language English
The art of draping and upcycling was developed by Christine Mayer from the classic drapery. It represents a further development of the three- dimensional pattern cutting – working directly on the dress form with original materials. The designer becomes a sculptor who develops its creation directly on the bust – in harmony with the materials and body shape. Christine Mayer’s most recent collections has been made entirely from recycled fabric with a lot of love. As she puts it, she wants her clothes to ‘embrace the people who wear them‘. Christine is teaching the creative reuse of worn and used fabrics. She gives people the opportunity and skills to work with old and loved fabrics and to re-imagine them as brand new garments.